Okay so i did it, i had some bits and pieces of an older tutorial i downloaded for another photoshop version than what i have, and for the rest i played about. So here is a tutorial on how to make a tear/waterdrop effect in Photoshop.
1) First you choose the brush tool, and choose the colour black as your primary colour, and whatever you wish as your secondary.
5) Then choose layer style, on your new layer. and choose bevel & emboss, make sure your tabel looks like mine above. You can of course play around with the settings if you want to, but these are the ones i used for this tutorial. IMPORTANT! in shadow mode, there is a colour box, choose light grey for this!
8) Now choose the brush tool again. I found that i thought the best result came from choosing a smaller brush than the one i had used for making the tear base. i choose 4 px for this, the tear trail. draw from your tear base towards the eye, you sorta pick up the tear, i think its kinda the hardest part, but hey.. experiment with it.
11) If you want more than one tear, you can add several tear bases (black dots) in step 3, and continue. You can draw on the tear layer with the ‘tear’ color so you can add several streaks/trails. No problem 🙂 On this picture i have added a layer more, and chose the brush tool, and a dark red color as my primary color, and then chose a basic fluffy brush tool, and turned down the opacity to something along 48 to 50 percent, to make the red color around his eyes, like he had been crying for some time.
12) You can also do blood, Basically you do the same as you do if you want to make a tear, except you use red as your primary color instead of black, to make the tear base. And choose black in shadow mode, instead of light grey.